Wednesday, September 1, 2010

(WIP Wednesday} No. 5 Plenty o' Plush


(the # corresponds to my birthday goal sheet post)

This week I started and finished a project that I have been planning for something like 6 months. I started it on Monday evening and finished it yesterday afternoon.
This is the 2nd plushie toy I've made for a baby-to-be! The 1st one I did was a hedgehog and he turned out a bit wonky but lovable.
This owl turned out a lot better (practice practice practice) and I am very pleased with the results. She still has a few quirks that make her unique and undoubtedly handmade, but I think that is what her future home will love about her.

Below are phontographs of the layout process before the stitching began:


She was a lot of fun to make and I hope her new family enjoys her!

I am thinking of making more (and more variety) and possibly selling them in my Etsy shop. Any suggestions/comments on that idea?


Enjoy the rest of your week!

XO Rita JO


1 comment: