Sunday, October 31, 2010

{Happy Halloween} Costume


Happy Halloween! I hope everyone has had a fun and safe holiday.
Halloween has always been one of my all-time favorites. This year I have had a bit of a hard time getting pumped about it. I'm not sure what's going on, but making this costume helped me get out of the funk.

The instax above is me last night (Saturday the 30th) before I hit the town.

Now I'll share some from today!







Here's the skirt portion. It took a very long time! I was inspired by this post over at Elsie Flannigan's blog, a beautiful mess. Mine turned out quite differently, but that just makes me love it more.




The mask was inspired by a close friend's mask from a few years ago. It came together really well and I think I'll make a few more.
However, I must admit that I would feel better wearing it if I didn't have to wear my glasses underneath! I don't have any contacts right now, so I made due and it was fine.
(Note: Last night I wore "British Red" lipstick underneath)

...

Thanks to the Boy for taking the photos! I'm trying to get better at getting photos taken of me for a change :)





No comments:

Post a Comment