Friday, July 22, 2011

TGIF!

I have Friday off work today! I didn't even have to request the time off. That means I need to be ultra productive. That, or extremely lazy. 

Here's a bit of what I've been up to this week. I have a fair few projects to tie the ends up on. 

I scrapped what used to be on my bedroom pegboard (miscellaneous gaming supplies) and have instead used it to start organizing my accessories. My belts were starting to get out of control in my closet, but now they have room to breathe! I can finally get dressed without having to frantically fight with them. 

I am also loving the way my shades fit up there. The organizer is actually intended for screwdrivers, but it works out wonderfully for this too! 

Jeran has been a big help with getting my dresser fixed and putting more things on my walls. When I moved to Lubbock my dresser lost one of its drawers to the highway. It shattered into a million pieces and there was no hope of repair. So my boy is making me a small mini shelf/drawer to take its place. 

(please ignore the dust! eek!)
 I also got another pegboard for right above my desk. I hoping to be able to use it more this upcoming fall semester. 

 I scored these adorable owl-embroidered wall hangings from Secret Nook! I can't wait to find the perfect place to hang them. 

I found a pair of really neat mushroom curtains at Goodwill. They are a bit too long and a bit too short for all the windows in my apartment, so I'll have to find some curtains to pair with them. 
They'll fit right in with my desk (which you can see peeking out from underneath in this photo). 

So that's what I've been working on. I still have a lot of finishing touches to add, but I'm excited that I'm finally getting somewhere!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your Friday! 

XO Rita JO

1 comment:

  1. Aw, how sweet of the boy to fix your dresser. For some reason I kept imaging it was your white dresser from your mom's house.

    Those owls are perfect for you. So glad you got them :)

    And the mushroom curtains are awesome! I love those. It should be pretty easy to find some that match.

    ReplyDelete