Wednesday, August 31, 2011

{Painting} First studies

So I wanted to share with you the first paintings I did in class yesterday! We did gesture-like painting which is very loose and intended to be linear (made up of mostly lines and brushstrokes).



We are using acrylic as the medium in this class mostly, although we will get to advance to watercolor at some point (so excited!).

I took these photos with my cell phone, so the quality is lacking. I had a lot of fun doing these quick sketch-style paintings, I can't wait to learn and do more!!

Anyone else learning something new?

XO Rita JO

1 comment:

  1. I love the gas can! Those are really good, Rita! It seems like that's going to be a fun class.

    I'm not really learning anything new. lol :P I did take the Sew September challenge though. Yikes...

    ReplyDelete