Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What is the time?

I have lost track of everything this past week and a half. 
I fell ill with an ear infection last week and had to miss class (something I very rarely do) and I am still trying to recover from the lapse in my schedule!

It is amazing when you are stopped in your tracks and fully realize just how much you've been doing lately. It has been hard to get back into the swing of things this week. 
I am behind on all my classwork, but I am trying really hard to get caught up. 

Here's what I need to accomplish/work on in order to be back on track:
Jewelry // Rings
We started rings before the fall break and before I got sick. They are really neat, but very time consuming. 
Here is an in-progress shot for you on my first batch of rings, the cast ones. We got to sling molten bronze to form these. I've still got two others to finish as well as these before Thursday.






Painting // Self Portraits and Watercolor Still Life
I am still getting better at painting, but the pace of this class is insane. I can't wait until I can paint for fun again and learn at my own speed. 
Here's the latest self portrait I worked on:


Ceramics // Glazing and finishing
I am most behind in this class. I need to glaze, fire, paint, and build more pieces! One of our projects is going to a gallery to be shown next week, meaning we have a deadline to meet!





And of course I have things to do for my Visual Studies course, like more school observations, readings, postings, a few projects, and miscellaneous other things to think about.




Sorry if this was dreadfully boring, but laying out what is ahead helps me keep my eye on the prize. This is the time of the semester, right in the middle, when it is hard to see the light at the end. I often need to employ schemes to keep myself motivated. Any suggestions?



1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you have had one of those weeks. It especially sucks when it's because you're not feeling well. I do hope you're feeling better today. And I hope you have a restful weekend!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete