Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Legend of Zelda for Halloween// A Lovely Link

I threw my halloween costume together this year, but better crappy than not at all :) 

I was inspired by a combination of Zelda related items that came to my attention recently. Most importantly the newest issue of Game Informer (yes, I am a nerd) which went into length over the new game, Skyward Sword. The game is coming out on November 20th here in the States! So psyched! 
I was a MAJOR fan of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for the Gamecube. Although I have never played any of the Zelda games on the Wii, I am willing to give Skyward Sword a chance.  
This lead to me making a Zelda Triforce ring for my jewelry class. After that, I decided I would have to be something from the series for Halloween, wearing my ring from class especially (look at my last post to see the ring up close). 

Here are some resources that I looked at and lusted over while coming up with my Halloween costume:


 The hero hat from the Etsy shop Moonside




This adorable lady and her amazing link costume! 





When I made the hat, I made it to where I could insert a headband in the hat band, that way I wouldn't have to worry about it falling off all night :D



My good friend Sara did my nails and hair for the occasion:





 And lastly, the one photo I had snapped at the Halloween party I attended:


Tips for myself the next time around or anyone else trying to pull off Link, you NEED a sword and shield, and quite possibly a fairy friend on your shoulder :)

1 comment:

  1. You're the cutest evarrrr! Way to go! I am so proud of you for making your costume. I'm sad that I totally dropped the ball this year. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete