Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 // New beginnings

The first of the New Year always brings around so much hope for the way things will turn out in the coming year. I love fantasizing about all the resolutions, the plans I want to make, the new round of holidays to look forward to. I've been pretty bad about keeping up with my resolutions, so this year I am not making any stout ones. 
 I just want to be better all around, and strive toward that as a goal if nothing else. This includes a lot, but I don't want to make a list of specifics because I tend to get overwhelmed. I'm not to the point where I want to be, so I'll just say I want to work toward that. 
Hard to write about, but someday maybe I will be able to. 


 My Christmas was really awesome. I spent a lot of time with family and friends.
 I also spent a lot of it moving, unpacking, repacking, and being really honest with myself. I have the propensity to hoard, and I see potential in almost everything. I come up with plans immediately, but a lot of these plans are just not feasible right now for where I am in life. Which means I have a lot of extra baggage to go through. It's been a good process though, and after letting some things go I feel a bit lighter. This is one of those things to be better about this upcoming year. 


 My amazing boyfriend, Jeran, got me the one video game I've had my heart set on.
Yeah, bet you didn't see that one coming, lol! 

 Ha - I am in love with it already. I only got to play through a few missions before I packed up my bags to visit my sister for this month of January.
 I am staying with her in Austin, TX! I have visited her a few times before and fallen in love with the city. There is so much to do, such a variety of people, and the weather has always been gorgeous. 


 So yeah, I'll be in Austin for a month which is a bit daunting, but I am hoping that I can take some well needed "me time" to figure out a lot of what has been going on in my head. That and help my sister do the same (:


 Hope you all started the New Year off well and continue on with good fortune. 


 <3 Rita Jo

1 comment:

  1. Eep! Have fun in Austin! I have always wanted to visit. Plus time with sisters is usually well spent :).

    ReplyDelete