Sunday, February 12, 2012

As of late...

I've been meaning to pop in and update my blog. I keep finding reasons not to, but you know:


I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I've noticed a recurring theme about myself and the things I set out to do. They never really get farther than the daydreaming stage because I am afraid of not meeting the perfection and expectations I set for myself. 


I psych myself out about every little detail and then lose sight of how to even begin. It's not very much fun getting hung up in this fashion, and I am really going to try hard to start. Even if I don't get very far, I'll be better off than I am now. 


Sometimes I feel so alone in having this problem, but I know I am not. I know that almost everyone, at one point or another, has struggled like I am now. 


So now I want to leave what has been dragging me down all this time, and just be me. Do what makes me happy right now, and pretty soon the rest will start to fall in place. 


I'll remind myself that this is progress, not perfection. 


I won't dwell on all the times I've felt I've let myself down and not lived up to my potential. Just because I did that once, doesn't mean I have to do it again, or that I have to continue with that pattern in my life. I have a choice. 



I will strive to no longer find excuses to be insecure about myself. I am who I am and that's a great thing. I want to accept and love myself for all my mistakes and imperfections, but also for all the tremendous things I am capable of. 


I will remember that today is a new day. 

I want to thank all the people who read this and keep me motivated. I haven't been living the way I want, and I am trying to change all that now. Thank you for the support, encouragement, and reasons to try harder. I truly appreciate the time you take to read my little spiel here. Just knowing that you're reading empowers me to reach for everything I can be. 
Hopefully you'll see more content here, more of what I am doing. Maybe soon I'll get everything I've been aiming for together :) 



All the above photos are inspirational to me, and have been pinned on my INSPIRATION board on Pinterest. I was unable to find some of the original sources for the above photos, but I would like the creators to know just how much seeing these images helped me through a rough patch. 

1 comment:

  1. "The chief cause of unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now." (I'm paraphrasing, but you get it)

    You can accomplish whatever you set your mind to. You've already accomplished a lot, I think. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete