Monday, February 27, 2012

Recipe Card // EVOO Roasted Veggies

EVOO stands for Extra Virgin Olive Oil and it is the secret to my recipe on how to roast vegetables!

You will need: 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about 1/3 cup for a large amount of vegetables)
Spices of your choice
This works well with any flavors you want. I've used Italian, barbecue, and just what was lying around.
Vegetables of your choice, chopped up into bite sizes
My favorites include sweet potatoes, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots, but you can throw in anything you like (:
Bowl and spatula to coat vegetables in oil with
Oven and baking sheet








What you do:
Preheat oven to 450°.
Pour oil and spices into bowl. You can add as much or as little as you want. Another reason this recipe is so great is that you can really customize it to your preferences.
Place vegetables in bowl and toss until completely coated in oil/spice mixture.
Lay coated vegetables on baking sheet in one layer.
Pop in oven for 15 minutes.
Presto! You've got delicious vegetables ready to devour.

I got this recipe last semester and have been meaning to share it ever since. One of the friends I made last year saved me by explaining how she made her vegetables so delicious, thanks Dawna!


2 comments:

  1. I've never made roasted veggies. It seems super easy, though, so I think I should try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed you should! Makes getting those servings of veggies all that much easier ;)

    ReplyDelete