Friday, May 18, 2012

May Musings

I've been dreaming the month of May away.

Where has all the time gone?? It helps that I've been busier at both my jobs, and working more hours. I have also started many adventures, including putting together a make-shift craft room, restructuring the time I spend with my lover boy, and trying new things in general.

In April we got Jeran a grill for his birthday and he's been cooking up a storm ever since! Above is his first time cooking turkey burgers and asparagus, which turned out pretttttty tasty. He's still learning and mastering the grill and I couldn't be more pleased with his new pastime :P 

This past week I tried sushi for the first time in my hometown. We went to the restaurant, Rain in downtown Amarillo for their happy hour specials. It was so good. 
< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >
We went on a date tonight and I had a really good time. We preceded our outing with a good ol' fashioned nap and it really set things off nicely. Now we're about to snuggle up and watch this:

It looks really cute. I've seen so many crafts that have been inspired by this film that I figured it was about time I see it. The last film I watched from the same director, Hayao Miyazaki, was "Howl's Moving Castle" and I loved it. That film got me through a lot of my painting projects last semester, when I had to sit still for hours at a time. 


Here are some of the things that I've seen that have inspired me to seek out this film:
in food (source)
as the cutest felt pins in this etsy shop (source)
and knitted into glorious sweaters (source)

Hope your weekend is starting off as good as mine has :) 
<3 Rita


2 comments:

  1. awww man i love sushi! :) what are you favourites so far?

    Grill looks amazing, i havent had a bbq yet this year or aparagus!

    TOTORO LOVE! :) have you seen his other films like ponyo? we're mega fans in our flat!

    Barnicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've loved the "crunchy rain" which was crab I think? It has this sort of breading that made it crunchy and it was spicy, but not too much. I'm a pretty big wimp when it comes to hot stuff :P
      The other thing I had was the "philly popper" and it was smoked salmon with jalepenos and cream cheese. Very tasty.

      We LOVE grilling now! Especially since the weather has been cooperating lately.

      After we watched Totoro we rented Ponyo the next week! It was so cute! If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

      Delete