Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Plaid Ponderings

I've been on a very Scottish Highlands sort of kick lately. I've been watching films, reading books, and even blogs with roots in Scotland!



Secret of Kells is a beautiful little animated film. The artwork is stunning and very inspiring to me. I watched it on Netflix a couple of weeks ago while crafting up a storm. The music and overall aura give it a very magical feeling, one that I've come across in eveything related to Scotland.


Jeran took me to see the new Disney/Pixar movie, BRAVE last week. Again, the animation was beautiful. I think it has something to do with all the mist and greenery. Watching all of this makes me want to set out and find my own secluded springs and circles of huge, ancient stones.



I recently started reading this after seeing fellow blogger, whom I cannot seem to locate, mention it in a post.
As the author, Diana Gabaldon, said on her website about the book:
What I used to say to people who saw me sitting outside a store with a pile of books and asked (reasonably enough), “What sort of book is this?”, was, “I tell you what.   Pick it up, open it anywhere, and read three pages.  If you can put it down again, I’ll pay you a dollar.”   I’ve never lost any money on that bet.
I was pretty happy to find a new series to read (I like it when there's another book to follow up, especially if I love the first one) and even happier when the librarian who checked me out said that she loved it!

I'm currently a little under half way through, and I am l-o-v-i-n-g it. I definitely have a hard time putting it down to go to sleep. It has the same sort of magic described within its pages that I've seen when Scottish backgrounds are mentioned.

(You might notice my new goodreads widget on the side ---> I'll be able to add some more books for my reading challenge that I set myself this year)




Lastly, but certainly not least - I've started following this blog, Barnicles, which is based out of Scotland!
She's a crafty lady with an Etsy shop and she posts pretty awesome inspiration on her blog.


What have you been into lately? Have you seen any similarities pop up like I have? Maybe this means I need to take a vacation to Scotland!

XO Rita Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment