Saturday, July 28, 2012

Caprock Roundup // Recap Part 2

I had the chance to meet and make friends with several of the vendors nearby my setup at the Caprock Roundup in Claude, TX. 

I think networking and forming relationships with artists and small business owners is an important part of being successful in a community. Plus, it's great fun to make new friends! I hope that someday soon we'll be sharing a space with these lovely folks again. 

Two Sisters
Just like their name implies, this is a team of two sisters joined by their love of crafting! Their tables were adorable. They wore matching shirts (idea!!) and had a wide variety of items for sale. My favorites included the pink flamingo gourds for the yard, and the texas appliqued pot holders. 

Chandelier Jenny
 My bestie, Jenny of Chandelier Jenny, was set up right next to me! Her table was stocked with all the killer-awesome pouches she sews. I own several of these and couldn't imagine the inside of my purse without them. Not only is the construction impeccable, but Jenny has a real eye for color and texture combinations. She is based out of Amarillo, TX, but you can also buy from Jenny at her Etsy Shop. Be sure to visit her blog - she's always posting inspiration and real-life posts that are inspiring for small business owners, crafters, and mommas-to-be.  


No Ortinary Crafts
No Ortinary Crafts specializes in decorated and personalized glass blocks and is based out of Dumas, TX. Cindy Ort, the owner, was so friendly and her table setup was really nice. She had a nice selection of items including personalized magnets and license plate clocks on top of her glass blocks.

Backroad Barbies
Backroad Barbies was cute as could be. They have a tiny trailer they use as storage and a backdrop for their traveling shop. They travel all over, but are based out of Claude, TX I believe. Clothing and accessories were displayed in all sorts of innovative and neat ways and were set up opposite my table. 

W K T R S (Larry & Diana White)
Larry & Diana have been vending at shows and parades for a long time. They had some great advice and were very friendly. They are also from Amarillo, TX and sell their handmade jewelry, crochet, oil paintings, and wood crafts. 



I had a great time at my first craft fair and can't wait to participate in another one. Go show these artists some love!

<3 Rita JO

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comments! It was nice meeting you. Hope to see you at another craft show soon!

    ReplyDelete