Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reset Button // 2013

Ah, a new year once again. I love the time between semesters. I feel like all the tension that has built up within me releases and I am able to just breathe for a bit.
This past semester was challenging, and not in an awful way, just in a life-is-hard-sometimes way. Balancing two jobs and increasing impatience concerning graduation, age, etc. did not help matters.
However, I have learned so much through my experiences this past year.
I spent a good deal of time with my sister whom I never see enough of.
I was able to work with children and put my teaching skills to the test.
I also had to learn to let some things, like both of my jobs, go in order to chase my dreams.
It's a new beginning, and yes - I am scared! Yet I am excited to see where this new chapter leads. How will I handle the obstacles in my way this year? I hope with a smile and confidence.

This was the reading list for one of my classes. I had read many of the titles before, but looking at them now, as a college student, definitely changed my reactions. I got a lot more out of many of them. In case you can't tell, yes, that is Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone - I was able to read, and write a paper over, one of my all time favorite books for school credit. Awesome!
I will say that the schedule for which we read these books had me down most of the time. I had a hard time keeping up. I did it though and ended up with all A's this semester.
(Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, Forever by Judy Blume, and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer)

Here's to keeping up and moving forward in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment