Wednesday, April 3, 2013

AC/WT Student Art Show!

AC/WT Student Faculty Exhibition at AMoA
Opening: Friday, April 5
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm


I have two artworks in the above mentioned show! I'm pretty excited. I was in this show while I was a student at Amarillo College (AC). Now I am a student at WT (West Texas A&M University), so it will be interesting to have been on both sides. 
There is some really amazing work going in to this show and I know how hard all the students have worked. Go out and support us by attending! 

I will be taking $5 so I can finally try out the Amarillo Museum of Art's Art-O-Mat machine -- it is a refurbished cigarette dispenser that has been altered to dispense original works of art instead! I will let you know if it makes it to my list of awesome date ideas :) 

To learn more about Art-O-Mat, visit their website. I think once I get my classroom, my students and I will look into becoming contributing artists :) 


Now I will leave you with process photos for my work that made it into the show :) 

(painting clouds on "Soaring High")

(before and after Raku firing ceramic sculpture "Chance Encounter")

I hope you make it out if you're in the area to see my art up close and finished! If you're in Amarillo, don't worry, I will eventually take high-res photos to post online. 

<3 Rita Jo


5 comments:

  1. So proud of you! You're building quite the repertoire of art and gallery experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Your constant friendship has been such a beautiful thing. You're the best!

      Delete
  2. Hey Rita Jo! You know what we say? "Once a Badger,,,always a BADGER!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! I miss attending AC so much! I can't wait to graduate from WT just so I'll have time to finally sign up for continuing education classes (:

      Delete
  3. I love your art work Miss Rita! How are you doing? What are you up to now days? Did you graduate from WT yet? Teaching Art?

    ReplyDelete