Monday, June 10, 2013

June Bug Blues

I am sitting here sipping on a hot chai tea, contemplating many things. June has been wonderful. I've finally had a break from the hustle and bustle of classes, although I have replaced that time with more hours as a barista. However, it is a lot less stressful and I am soaking it all up still. I have not had a lot of time just yet to be content and still, but maybe I just need to schedule in time to meditate and reflect... anyone else struggle with this? I feel like I am still going 90 miles a minute!
I'm glad I took the time to blog today, I think I needed this. Thanks for reading!

Artist Highlight // Lupita Murillo Tinnen

I had the opportunity to listen to a lecture given by Lupita Murillo Tinnen at Amarillo College last semester. Her work, American DREAM, is inspiring.


I love that she is a professor, and finds time to create her own work and further her own ideas. I love that she is a member of the SPE (Society Photographic Educators). I love that she was influenced by German photographer August Sander . I love that she uses her photography as a sort of therapy, a way to deal with grief and other feelings. I love that her art is moving, and is used as a means to an end. I love that I can see a progression throughout her career as a photographer. Most of all, I love that she inspired me.

Go view her work and think about what she has to say :)

<3 Rita Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment